YouTube is an ever-growing platform that can drive business growth and engage new customers, but it is hard to know if you are getting the most out of it. 92% of internet users watch some form of video content online each week and 694,000 hours of video are streamed on YouTube per minute (Hootsuite, 2022). With such staggering statistics, it is easy to see why more and more companies are adding YouTube to their social media strategy. But how do they effectively utilize YouTube to hack growth? Read on to discover the top five ways you can use YouTube marketing successfully for your business.
1. Optimize your channel. Optimizing your channel consists of a few different elements. Adding keywords, accurate video descriptions, creating tags and categories, and utilizing captions are just some of the things you can do to improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This is where an establishment like FatRabbit Creative comes in. We do thorough research into what keywords your competitors use and suit you best, knowing what terms are searched for most and more. Optimizing your channel improves searchability and ranking in the Google algorithm.
2. Cross-promote your channel. Cross-promoting your channel simply means utilizing your already established social media platforms to advertise your YouTube videos. This can be as simple as posting “Check out our new YouTube channel!” with a link to the channel or linking directly to a specific video with the appropriate hashtags. This informs your audience that there is another way for you to be reached and create a bit more of a personal connection with them.
3. Set a publishing schedule. Picking a certain day and/or time to post is another important aspect of YouTube upkeep. Why? Because consistent video publication becomes a habit for you, and a routine for your viewers. Deciding on a posting schedule is exactly like having a schedule for your other social channels. Being inconsistent can turn off a potential or loyal customer, so picking a day and time you know you can keep up with is a major component of having a YouTube platform.
4. Regularly re-assess your channel's purpose. Whether you are just starting out or have been utilizing YouTube for a while, something you will want to think about is who you are creating videos for, and for what purpose. Ask yourself these key questions:
- What kind of value are you bringing to your clients?
- What may your audience already be watching?
- What are your audience demographics?
These are all key questions to answer when deciding on the type of content you want to make. For example, if you are a business that specializes in a new variety of makeup products, a tutorial on how to use your products or highlighting how they are made could be great content. If you are a non-profit organization, a video defining your cause and showing outcomes firsthand are great starting places for video content.
5. Include Calls-to-Action. A CTA, or call-to-action, is what asks potential customers to “read more” or “find out more.” It's essentially the action you want them to take after watching your video. A good CTA not only creates more engagement for your channel but also can help drive traffic to both your website and social media. Creating a consistent and integrated marketing strategy will build brand trust, encourage engagement, and keep viewers coming back for more.
Once you start your YouTube channel, the team at FatRabbit Creative can work with you to enhance your SEO to improve searchability, and cross-promote videos on your other social media channels. Contact us today to discuss how we can leverage this vital platform.